Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

I want to remove a layer called A-Slab.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1700904317403.png

I want to remove a layer called A-Slab.
However, it is still alive even after the Purge.
I looked around each floor and in 3D with find&select, but I couldn't find it.
How can I find it?

AC27 on window 11
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GAG
Advocate

I can see the 'check' mark in the left column of the 'A-Slab' row, which means that this layer contains some data.

Note that the 'Purge' command doesn't delete existing data, it only purges empty layers and unused attributes.

What to check to find 'hidden' data:

• Show and unlock the only layer: 'A-Slab'
  • When you're navigating on levels, press Ctrl+A (⌘+A) and check the info panel to see if anything has been selected.
  • Check renovation status.
  • Check the 'Default' layers of Tools (Favourites). If a particular layer is the default for a Tool, it will be shown as 'used' in Attributes Manager.
George

View solution in original post

Solution
Barry Kelly

Rather than 'Purge' just select the layer and 'Delete".

You will be prompted to move elements to another layer if you want, or they will all be deleted as well.

You can also do this in the layer settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

The slab (or any) tool could be set to use A-Slab as the default layer.  That will make it appear that the layer is in use. Check the tool settings (with no elements selected!) to see if the default layer is A-Slab.

Also, looking in 3D will not find any 2D elements.  So, if some 2D element in any view was accidentally placed in the A-Slab layer, the layer will appear in use as well.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
GAG
Advocate

I can see the 'check' mark in the left column of the 'A-Slab' row, which means that this layer contains some data.

Note that the 'Purge' command doesn't delete existing data, it only purges empty layers and unused attributes.

What to check to find 'hidden' data:

• Show and unlock the only layer: 'A-Slab'
  • When you're navigating on levels, press Ctrl+A (⌘+A) and check the info panel to see if anything has been selected.
  • Check renovation status.
  • Check the 'Default' layers of Tools (Favourites). If a particular layer is the default for a Tool, it will be shown as 'used' in Attributes Manager.
George
Solution
Barry Kelly

Rather than 'Purge' just select the layer and 'Delete".

You will be prompted to move elements to another layer if you want, or they will all be deleted as well.

You can also do this in the layer settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11