Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation - 2D objects vs. 3D objects

rob2218
Enthusiast
Please see attached JPG.
basically (for those of you who'd prefer 'reading' than seeing a graphic explanation).

the interior elevations produced from the model aren't up to PAR (don't cut it) when it comes to the linework graphics....so I had to redraw my 3d elevations into 2d...
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
21 REPLIES 21
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes....NOW it works.
the "select/enter" process in AC15 sometimes eludes me.

it was not intuitive to me to FIRST use the marquee to create my "patch" area and THEN it will initialize the pulldown command as ACTIVE...sorry...just something that's not native to the way most think.

You first choose what command you want, then you select the object/line/whatever in question...but it works now.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
Why are you trying to snap the linework to the 2d WC object? ......well because as you can see...when a "base board" 2d linework is shown graphically "behind" the toilet...I'd like to make sure the line is trimmed/snapped/ended properly at the toilet elevation edge...you know..precision drafting....that's why I'm trying to trim/snap to the edge graphic linework of the toilet 2D object.....it's done all the time when you trim a line to an object....at least that's how I draw accurately.
Not sure you are listening properly. If your 2D toilet object has a white background fill and is brought forward of the linework it will cover it up. The line could be continuous but the part of the line behind the 2D object is not seen. Also beneficial if your toilet moves, you don't have to trim / extend the line again.