Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Marker/can't move to another layer?

rob2218
Enthusiast
Okay so here's what I've got interior elevation markers that I placed on the plan I'm using ArchiCAD 18 and I can't move these elevation markers to a different layer .
My layers are not lockrd. this is ArchiCAD 18 I have the latest hot fix
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
rob2218
Enthusiast
Dunno what's wrong w these interior elevation markers. No matter where I touch them.....even in the navigator window, it won't go active to be able to change the layer it is on.....it stays grey.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
Something I didn't notice as I hadn't expanded the elevation group in the Navigator.
You must select the group and not the individual elevation view/viewpoint.
This is the same in plan - you select the group limits and not the individual elevations.
This applies even if it is a single elevation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
DUDE! EUrika! You did it!
So....you can only move the interior elevation marker from one layer to another ONLY be using the view map navigator.....and only by selecting the top of the elevation group....not the individual elevation...,YOU DID IT MATE! You solved the mystery......thank thank you.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
Or by selecting it in plan where the black nodes are on the end of the limit line.
When you select via the navigator you will see the nodes I mean.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
I see those "black nodes" on the ends of the line when I touch the elevation marker. I still can't activate the Selection Settings dialogue box by doing it that way. it still stays "greyed" out. Now.....WHY in the world would you simply "not" be able to just select the elevation marker in plan, then have the "Selection Settings" layer option of the dialogue box activated I'll never know.......you'd think that it would NOT be greyed out.

The only way, so far "I" have been able to move the interior elevation single markers that I've placed is by the "navigator" method of selection. That's it......no other method allows me to see the "layers" dialouge box "activated".
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23