Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Interior Elevations fills.. please save me

cocoloco
Expert

Hi! Really trying to not be emotional and stay super patient with archicad and myself (it's hard though). I can't figure out how to set up fills for walls/ceilings/cabinetry/slabs/soffits whatever that is crossing in elevations views. I am sure "I am missing something". 

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 10.10.17 AM.png

On top (pink) its soffit that should be grayed out... and on sides (blue)  that is slabs  that should also be grayed out or whatever I want it to be. I would be however happy with very little! if I just can't stop adding the fills manually. 

This is just ONE room (pantry) but it does it everywhere, just white. I am so over it. 

Please can someone help? 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Check to see what 'Building material' you are using, it's what is shown in elements that is being cut by your section.

The setting for your 'Surfaces' can be overridden and is reflecting what you see as you look at the surface in your elevation.

Hope this makes sense.....

Building Materials.jpgSurfaces.jpg
W10 Pro | ArchiCAD 27 5003 AUS FULL | Twinmotion

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
figge
Booster

You may want to check you section setting and how the model should display (see attached screen shot).

The way the slabs (blue) appears is reflects on the surface of the slab, what texture is selected for that surface.

2024-09-04 07_47_46-Section Selection Settings.jpg

Thinking about it.... might also be a graphical override setting that hides any surface textures.

Ok I found the settings for the election & unchecking "uniform uncut pens" definitely did something so that is a progress - but only as far as single color. But still, any of them  do not show "fill" like cover (dot & dashed)  which is what I want to see when walls or cabinets are blocking from profiles if you know what I mean.  I know other softwares do it because we used archicad and revit. Does it work for you this way? 

I am attaching what I want to accomplish  (left side) & settings including the slab setting for example. 

I noticed in the slab setting itself, I only see "cut fill background pen" but I don't see a fill there... Maybe that may be it? but why it would not be there fill and only color? I am confused :D. 

PS: no project over rides are turned on through this project (maybe in object settings but I tested it on and off and doesn't change too)

Thank you again 

image.png

  

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 8.52.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 8.52.35 AM.png

hi again! I tripled check and the surface fill is actually what is not showing (and I do have other surface - marble to show on top so I can't use that marble to show on profile. Could you please elaborate a little bit more? 

Solution

Check to see what 'Building material' you are using, it's what is shown in elements that is being cut by your section.

The setting for your 'Surfaces' can be overridden and is reflecting what you see as you look at the surface in your elevation.

Hope this makes sense.....

Building Materials.jpgSurfaces.jpg

Ups I accidently place it as solution. So I don’t see any set up for building material for a slab. Yes, wall but slab? And slab is what I am working with. 

would you be so kind and show me that’s your interior elevation cut fill works as set up with fill? Again, I don’t want fill same as Cover because that is marble and cut fill can’t be marble. So it has to be different setting than that? 

Solved. Amen! Thanks so so so so so so much! 😄 

Setup info provided by author