BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Keep different trace reference for different views.

jl_lt
Ace

Hi!   unless we are doing something wrong or havent found the correct procedure, we would like for Archicad to allow the use of diferent trace references for diferent views and/or layouts.  While we are that, we would also like Archicad to remember the location of the last reference used when you change layouts or views and need to use another reference that is not exactly the same as the one previously used, because right now you have to find it again, which becomes a hassle if you have many layouts or views.    

Cheers to all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi @jl_lt,

The way i do this, is to place the reference drawing on a worksheet & adjust the reference drawing position on top of the Archi floorplan with the help of any constant point like the origin one then i use (Switch reference with active) option via (trace & reference palette),

you'll get all views coordinated with this reference drawing.

If you repeat this sequence for every reference, you will find even (reference drawing to reference drawing) is coordinated.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Hi @jl_lt,

The way i do this, is to place the reference drawing on a worksheet & adjust the reference drawing position on top of the Archi floorplan with the help of any constant point like the origin one then i use (Switch reference with active) option via (trace & reference palette),

you'll get all views coordinated with this reference drawing.

If you repeat this sequence for every reference, you will find even (reference drawing to reference drawing) is coordinated.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hi! thanks for the reply. Yes, all our references are in their correspondent worksheet, related to the origin, so they all insert accordingly. I tried what you propose, but still, if im working on a layout, i can only stablish one reference. If i change layouts, the last set reference keeps appearing so i have to change it again, and this for every time i change views.      I would like for diferent layouts have different set references (which of course, you could later switch or change as needed).   The closest we have now is in the right click dialog where you choose your reference, and Archicad saves 3 frequently used references which you can switch. It works good, but if you have over 4 floors you get back to point 0.

its not that the trace system doesnt work. It does, its just it could reduce a lot of needless clicks and searching. 

Learn and get certified!