Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope this is in the correct area. Need some insight please.

I'm trying to label the doors in a way to show the door type (A, B, C, etc) as well as hardware type (01, 02, etc). What is the best way to do this? I was thinking to use a circle with a horizontal line in the middle (similar to the section tag) with the door type on top and hardware on the bottom. Thing is that the auto-label in the door settings apparently doesn't allow this (horizontal line for easier visual comprehension). So then, is there another way to accomplish the same result, or is it a lost cause?
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Sergio wrote:
Hope this is in the correct area. Need some insight please.

I'm trying to label the doors ..... use a circle with a horizontal line in the middle (similar to the section tag) with the door type on top and hardware on the bottom. Thing is that the auto-label in the door settings apparently doesn't allow this....
Sergio,
it is possible to create your own (GDL) custom door labels and use them instead of the AC default, but still linked to the doors.

I have made a 3-box label for someone else who needed that. However, I still find that I end up using my own door markers independent of the ones built into the doors, so that I can align them all with the sheet. I tried to build sheet alignment into my (door connected) custom door labels, but found that they behaved erratically if the doors were mirror reversed.

Email me privately for more info.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
[Daniel wrote:]
[but still linked to the doors].

Let me know if you find the way to do that. Is perfect for me if keep link to the door.

P.D. Hi Daniel, now I'm back in business!!
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
YA.H.VE wrote:
[Daniel wrote:]
[but still linked to the doors].

Let me know if you find the way to do that. Is perfect for me if keep link to the door.

P.D. Hi Daniel, now I'm back in business!!
Hi Yamil

Glad to see you are getting places with AC!

Linking custom made GDL markers to doors or windows is fairly easy, especially with the new object subtypes.
The orientation on the page is also easy to fix with a bit of scripting (the problems I had with mirror reversed and flipped doors in earlier versions now seems to have gone away!
However, now I am having problems getting the door ID to show in the marker as a door number.
The markers in the screenshot below are all linked to the doors but I haven't got the scripting right yet for automatic door numbering. There is also a standard AC marker on one door for comparison.

I will let you all in this thread know how I go once there is something useful.

The markers in the top left corner are unlinked, and until now I have been using them instead of linked markers as I can place them with incremental numbering after all the doors have been placed.

The two-field one on the right is available now at Objects Online for anyone who is interested (it has options for all polygon shapes, with or without dividing line).
Door-window markers.JPG
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11