BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Landscape printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having an issue with archicad 15 for mac:

When I try to print in A3 landscape, archicad always prints in portrait, making the drawing only in half the page.

Is there anything that I can do to solve this??? It does't happen in other software so it's not the driver.
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
Please specify your platform - Windows or Mac - and your OS version and where you are trying to print from a view, or a layout?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I'm on Archicad 15 mac on Lion. It doesn't matter if it's from a view or a layout, it always prints in portrait mode independently from what I choose in page setup.

Thanks for your help
Luis
Robert Nichols
Advocate
If that is the only thing keeping you from enjoying Lion and AC15 together, I would make custom page sizes that are by definition wider than they are tall. Page Setup's "portrait" selection will then print for a sheeter wider than it is tall. Do this for each sheet size you need. Make sure to name the oddball sheet definitions clearly so you can clear them out after the problem gets fixed.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
What are you printing to? HP plotters are notorious for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is indeed an HP A3 printer. A cp1700! how do I create a custom page size? (it's a printer not a plotter, I don't know if it makes any difference)

Thanks for the help!
Luis
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No experience with HP printer here, but on our Océ plotter we need to set a rotation in Page Setup > Properties > etc etc (printer settings). Not so much an ArchiCAD issue as a printer / driver issue.

To avoid having to do the same settings over and over, we use a printing publisher set in our template with all paper sizes and orientation predefinded as subfolders. When creating or modifying layouts it's just a matter of dragging them to the correct subfolder in the publisher set and just print by publishing the layouts.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going to try the publisher sets, but there is one thing annoying me: Is there a way to define default printing or publishing settings to all pages inside a publish folder? Or do I have to change it for each layout that I add?

thanks again for all the trouble guys u r being very helpful
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can make settings for folders, that's why I have folders setup for the different A-sizes landscape and portrait.

Only one thing that I noticed is, that you can't make settings unless the folder actually contains a layout. But once it does, you can just drag any similar paper size and rotation layouts to the folder.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I realize this is an old thread, but I am having this same problem with a specific project. We are on ArchiCAD 17 on Mavericks printing to a Minolta (12x18 sheets).
Other projects print fine on this computer. This project prints 90º rotated (portrait) on any computer, regardless of print and page setup.
As no real solution was proposed for the o.p., I would just like to see if anyone has come across a way to resolve this in the 3 years since this thread was started.
Thanks,
Pat
Learn and get certified!