cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Linking an Excel file

Gisele
Advocate

xcel.jpg

Can I link an excel file to AC, without losing the formatting?

Is it possible to make an excel file automatically update in AC (after I edit it in Excel)?

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

You can’t link an excel file directly unfortunately. I would love that feature though. 

The easiest way is to print your excel content to a pdf and place that as a linked drawing in archicad, with auto update set. 
That way when you change your excel content and re-print to the pdf and save it over the top of your previous pdf, the updates will come through to archicad automatically. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

You can’t link an excel file directly unfortunately. I would love that feature though. 

The easiest way is to print your excel content to a pdf and place that as a linked drawing in archicad, with auto update set. 
That way when you change your excel content and re-print to the pdf and save it over the top of your previous pdf, the updates will come through to archicad automatically. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Thank you!

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor