cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

MVO takes precedence over GO – how stupid!

runxel
Legend

Something that was very infuriating and stupid to find out. (And also took me way to long to grasp).

So, let's say you choose to use a lighter LOD for your railings.

You happily go to the MVO and change the LOD to "schematic".

Now – without you knowing – the magical "Attribute" button comes to life and creeps into every little corner of your nice model.

runxel_0-1691427171201.png

Imagine my surprise when I was not able to OVERRIDE this with a GO, so my railing would look right in my planning application.

What kind of dumb nonsense is this??? This makes me so mad. WHY is this even there in the first place? WE HAVE the GO, we don't need this here in the MVO.

––– Spot the outlier –––

runxel_1-1691427853027.png

PS: I just found out that the surface can be overriden indeed by GO, but not the pen.

So hopefully just a bug? (Still present in Ac 27 tho.)

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
3 REPLIES 3
ryejuan
Advisor

interesting find, hopefully its a bug.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
DGSketcher
Legend

I agree, the whole point of GOs is to override any element pen settings in a view. They should have highest priority on the output. Hope it’s a bug you have found.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

You've got to love these settings buried 6 menus deep in... I already found the stair and railingtool very cumbersome with it's million subsettings in the tool and MVO and here you found another.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5