BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

How do I order the schedule?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

After the WD, the PWD should come, but this is because the ELEMENT ID is at the top and takes precedence.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1681556680886.png

Kind comes first, like FSD WD PWD (PWD WD), and ELEMENT ID comes second.

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@LeeJaeYoung wrote:

Even if it is below, you are saying that this is not the highest priority sorting method.

If you only have one sorting option active (for ASD, FSD, etc field), then the order of the fields themselves is not important, as it will only sort by that one field.

However, if you want to sort by 2 or more fields, then the order they are in the list (and hence the position they will appear in the schedule) is important as priority will be given to the first field in the list that has a sorting option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

In your schedule settings, you can alter the sorting order.

The list of fields is what you want to see in the schedule in the order you want to see the information.

Next to each field, you can arrange the sorting order - ascending, descending or none.

Set them all as none and then set just the ones that you want to sort by.

They will sort by the first field that has a sorting option - for example 'Element ID'.

Then all those with the same ID will then sort by the next field that has a sorting option.

Then if that filed has the same value, they will sort by the next field that has a sorting option.

BarryKelly_0-1681697366136.png

In your case you could sort just by kind (FSD WD PWD) and turn of the sorting for the other fields.

For example, turn off the sorting for Element ID.

But if the Element ID is important and you also want to sort by that as well, then you must move 'kind' so it is above Element ID in the field list.

They will sort by the order they appear in the list, if multiple fields have sorting options.

The image I show is just an example and is not a working door schedule.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Then, in order to do it in the form I want, I have to put ASD, FSD, etc. on top
Then you just have to put in the ELEMENT ID.

Even if it is below, you are saying that this is not the highest priority sorting method.

Thank you for answer.

AC27 on window 11
Solution

@LeeJaeYoung wrote:

If you only have one sorting option active (for ASD, FSD, etc field), then the order of the fields themselves is not important, as it will only sort by that one field.

However, if you want to sort by 2 or more fields, then the order they are in the list (and hence the position they will appear in the schedule) is important as priority will be given to the first field in the list that has a sorting option.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!