2007-03-3112:42 AM - last edited on 2023-05-1904:03 PM by Gordana Radonic
Seems I only write when I need money, I know. I mean, when there's a problem.
Today it is this:
I have text on a Master Layout which has in the recent past printed splendidly, and without hesitation.
Now, it is not printing, though it is apparent on both the Master and any layout which uses that Master. It also does not appear when I generate a preview for printing, nor when I create a PDF from the print window. The fonts used are also used elsewhere in the same Master, which print fine.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
When I open the same file on a co-worker's computer, it prints just as I intend!
When I open another file on my own computer, it loses the text, in just the same way!
AND...when I move the font ELSEWHERE on the SAME MASTER layout, it will print fine!
What do you make of this?
Do you get it?
I don't get it.
I am a frayed knot.
heh heh heh whee
...thanks, for any leads on this one.
Really? 69 views and no response?
Perhaps I didn't explain my problem well; perhaps no one has experienced anything like it.
The problem persists, so any help would be most welcome!
What I determined, after much micro-fiddling with positions, justifications, and juxtapositions, is that the text block needed to be within the print margins of my layout page. This text was autofill, and I had it right-justified; the left corners of the block were outside the margins. Once I moved them to within the margin, the text printed fine.
HOWEVER, TWO MYSTERIES REMAIN:
1) It used to work just fine on my computer, without changing the location of the text block
2) It prints just fine on my coworker's computers, without changing the location of the text block.
All of this leads me to think that there is a setting - - somewhere - - regarding what to print, and what not to print, that I somehow changed on my own computer.