Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Making dimension maker very small

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I want to make the dimension marker (and text) smaller than the smaller parameter in ArchiCAD 17. It's for a desk and some measurements are less than 10mm (furniture obviously has smaller details than building!)

Is there any way I can make the marker smaller?

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
If I understand correctly.
What is usually done in architectural drawing is to make the scale of the drawing bigger, since the dimensions and texts are a fixed size then they will fit.

For example detail drawings in feet and inches are drawn at 1/2"=1'-0" up to 3"=1'-0" and sometimes (have not seen any recently) 3" = 1". I have no idea as to the standard equivalents in MM are but they should be easier to figure out.

TO change the scale look at the bottom of the drawing window and it should be there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
If I understand correctly.
What is usually done in architectural drawing is to make the scale of the drawing bigger, since the dimensions and texts are a fixed size then they will fit.

For example detail drawings in feet and inches are drawn at 1/2"=1'-0" up to 3"=1'-0" and sometimes (have not seen any recently) 3" = 1". I have no idea as to the standard equivalents in MM are but they should be easier to figure out.

TO change the scale look at the bottom of the drawing window and it should be there.
Excellent tip! I went from 1:100 to 1:10

It's a little storage how it works - the scale doesn't actually change in plan or on a layout.

Thanks you very much!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
maccad wrote:
It's a little storage [strange] how it works - the scale doesn't actually change in plan or on a layout.
The scale does not change the model (there are some exceptions for library parts that can be effected by scale), but does change the "paper scale" elements relative to the model. That is why it is best to set the scale (for output) before adding the notational elements.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14