Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Model View: Fewer Options

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody!
Correct me if I'm wrong... But why did Graphisoft eliminate great part of the Model View Options in AC9?...
What happened with the vectorial hatch, picture handles, text handles and others?... With the new MVO I can't do the set views I was able to do with AC9.
What do you think?
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
They are all Toggles now under On-Screen View Options... I have to admit, I didn't like it at first but it grew on me quickly that I could change just one option at a time, especially once I made keyboard shortcuts for the ones I used the most.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that Tom... But I used the model view options not only for the design process but mainly to publish drawings... How can I do it now like in AC9?
Many of the now on-screen options were not used in output anyway. (Text and fill handles, section depths, etc.)

There are two substantial changes. 1) All fill output is vector, though fills can be shown bitmap as an on-screen option. To me this is a great improvement; I view bitmap fill output as a mistake. 2) All pen output is true weight. A hairline option can't be saved with views. However, they've restored the option somewhat, with a 'Hairline' checkbox in the print dialog.

What other options are you missing?
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks James and Tom! Now I see the light! Perhaps it was that bitmap fill missing option that I was addicted to... But you are right... It's an improvement!