Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Model View Option - Presentation grey fill color?

rob2218
Enthusiast
where I adjust just how "dark" or "light" grey color in the "Presentation Model View Option" is?

Presentation fill color adjustment.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have the Override Fill Background Color checkbox checked, plus the Transparent Background radio button selected. This results in a Transparent background for all fills so those gray are not coming from that setting.
You have checked the Overrride Cut Fills checkbox and selected the Solid Foreground radio button.
So those grays are coming from the Cut Fill Foreground Pens specified for the Building Materials of those structures. You should set them to the same Pen in the Building Materials Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...what do I have to 'not' check or have checked properly.
it's a bit confusing Lasz
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That Pen color is not controlled in the MVO Dialog.

You have to change the dark gray Cut Fill Foreground Pen setting of that structure' Building Materials in the Building Materials Dialog to another Pen (possibly to the same Pen that is used by the Building Material of that lighter gray structure).

Or, you can check in the Building Materials Dialog what Pen is set for the Cut Fill Foreground Pen setting of that structure' Building Material. Then go to the Pen Sets Dialog and redefine that Pen.
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...am I adjusting EVERY single composite and Buidling material or is it a "global one stop change" I can apply.

Again...all this stuff is sometimes VODO-Bim. 😉
laszlonagy wrote:
You have the Override Fill Background Color checkbox checked, plus the Transparent Background radio button selected. This results in a Transparent background for all fills so those gray are not coming from that setting.
You have checked the Overrride Cut Fills checkbox and selected the Solid Foreground radio button.
So those grays are coming from the Cut Fill Foreground Pens specified for the Building Materials of those structures. You should set them to the same Pen in the Building Materials Dialog.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you would have to adjust each of them.
Or if they use the same Pen, it may be faster to just redefine the Pen to a lighter gray.
rob2218
Enthusiast
buddy....redefine "which" pen and where?
see, this is the confusing part.
sometimes....within this program, you can get lost in the sub-sub-sub-sub-background-foreground-penset-penweight-lineweight-tone-sub-background aspect of what you are trying to adjust.

I simply want to have "light grey" fills as my tone when I switch to the "Presenation MVO".......where, how do I adjust that without having to mess with EVERY single BM or composite I insert.
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, you would have to adjust each of them.
Or if they use the same Pen, it may be faster to just redefine the Pen to a lighter gray.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
You can also check the section's settings: Section settings->model display->Fill cut surfaces with:

Best regards.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the Section Settings Dialog. In the Model Display panel, under Cut Elements, make sure the Fill Cut Surfaces with field is set to "Cut Fills - as in Settings" option. Then check the Uniform Pen for Cut Elements checkbox and set the Cut Fill Pen.
This, along with the Override Cut Fills settings in the MVO Dialog will give you the desired result, I believe.
rob2218
Enthusiast
SinceV6....that was EXACTLY where I need to be sent....ONE simple setting...one location where you can adjust ALL the fills in ONE fell swoop.....thank you for understanding what I was asking.
I owe you a beer.
sinceV6 wrote:
Hi.
You can also check the section's settings: Section settings->model display->Fill cut surfaces with:

Best regards.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23