Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Model element layers in detail windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I missing something obvious?
I want to change the default layer of the 2D representations of 3D objects.

We seem to be stuck with the archicad layer which cannot be turned off.

What I'm trying to do is overdraw these elements with 2D data and have the model 2D elements normally turned off but still updateable so that they can be used to check coordination of the detail with the model.

Can anyone help?

WavyDavy@CSP Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I don't understand what you're asking ... all elements in my Detail windows retain the same layer information as the source elements. Are your source objects in the ArchiCAD layer?

In complex situations, it is best to copy the detail information a fixed distance to the right (or up/down/left) and modify the copy. After a rebuild, any updated geometry can be easily copy-dragged over to your working detail. The downsides of this include (a) manual process, (b) you might miss subtle changes, (c) you have to make sure that with two 'details' in the detail window, that you crop to the correct on in PM.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
if the source object's layer is locked when you rebuild from model, it will palce the exploded elements in the detail window on the archicad layer.

of course, the way it ought to work is that the model elements remain model elements so I can continue to add walls with material fills while working on the detail window - even update the full model...

but that's a wislist item...

wes
Karl Ottenstein
Weston wrote:
if the source object's layer is locked when you rebuild from model, it will palce the exploded elements in the detail window on the archicad layer.
Just verified this. I would call this a bug. Send a report to GS US tech support.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB