Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

My views are disapearing - Please Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project due and all of a sudden two of my views have disappeared...I can see the details on my layout Book, but I cant open its source and also cant locate it on the project map or view map either.

I am 100% sure i didn't delete it an if i had deleted it, why can I still see the views on the layout book.

Please help
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the drawing on your layout. If its status is "MISSING" then yes, you have deleted the view from your view map. If so, save the view again and re-link it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Status is : "Unavailable" and also that the view is not in either project map or the view map, so have nothing to link it back to...It has disappeared from the whole project but leaving the view there still

Here is a image of what I mean

http://pokit.org/get/?c717ef45566d1859901e26f40ef8cf1a.jpg

All the views on the page were create on the same worksheet

Its no where to be found in Project map or View Map

http://pokit.org/get/?c14564d69dbfb41528772d04a264854e.jpg

I have looked through the whole project and cant seem to locate it at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you explain your workflow - I can't understand how all those details would be from the same worksheet but only one is unavailable Each detail should really be in its own detail window, whether linked or independent, and you should name them so you don't have to use custom names on the layout views.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ya I know its a little haphazard the way I have created this, but everyone in the office dose it the same way an no one has come across this issue.

Ok so here is what I did:

1 - In Project Map I created a New Independent Detail (Under the Detail)
2 - Created the View Settings and storing options and named it "Engineer Retaining Wall Details 1:10"
3 - Dragged the "Engineer Retaining Wall Details 1:10" over into my View Map
4 - Started to draw ALL my engineer beam details together there, so that I can see how all the beams connect to one another an also to put them at the right FFL. (I know I should create each detail on their own Independent Detail but that's a working progress)
5 - I then go to my Layout Book an copy over the view "Engineer Retaining Wall Details 1:10" as many times as i need , as there are many details on this view
6 - Rename each view to represent what the view is showing

Also the detail i have highlighted in the image is just one of the details on the Engineer Retaining Wall Details 1:10 view that I can not open the source view.

the problem is that "Engineer Retaining Wall Details 1:10" view has completely despaired from the whole project, cant seem to locate it in either the "Project Map" or the "View Map"
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could copy the drawing from the layout, create a new independent detail, paste the drawing in the detail, and then explode the detail back to lines. Not ideal, but at least you can get it back to something manipulable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Michael wrote:
You could copy the drawing from the layout, create a new independent detail, paste the drawing in the detail, and then explode the detail back to lines. Not ideal, but at least you can get it back to something manipulable.
Will give that a go, but how do I copy the detail? when I copy it, it just copies the view an also how do I explode the view into lines?
Anonymous
Not applicable
YOU LEGEND!!!

It worked!!!

thank you, its not ideal as you said but it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its happening again, and still cant figure out why this is doing this.

And this time its my section, it has gone from the 'Project map' and 'View Map' yet it is still on my 'Layout book' and I can still move its view extent (move sub-element) but cant open source, says Update Ststus: Unavailable

Anyone know why this is happening, and has anyone else gotten this problem??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you inadvertently deleted your Section marker?