Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

My views are disapearing - Please Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project due and all of a sudden two of my views have disappeared...I can see the details on my layout Book, but I cant open its source and also cant locate it on the project map or view map either.

I am 100% sure i didn't delete it an if i had deleted it, why can I still see the views on the layout book.

Please help
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
If i had, wouldn't it have also deleted it from the 'Layout Book'? That would make sense if i had deleted it....but what really throws me off is when you delete something like that (elevations or sections) it asks are you sure you want to delete it.

But I don't recall ever doing something like that, an the curve ball in the matter is that the section is still there on my 'layout Book' an i can still interact with it as if the section was still in the 'Project map' and 'View map' The only thing is I cant update it or go to its source.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The image of a missing view can remain, but you are right - you cannot update it or view its source. If it is not in the project map it has been deleted. You should have got an error message like the one below.
Screen shot 2013-12-09 at 9.33.16 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't get a msg like that, is it possible a bug is deleting them and creating them as independent views?

It dose not always happen.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What may help you is trying to understand the three things that influence your workflow:

Viewpoint>View>Drawing.

And that is the order in which they are created. In a typical workflow for details, the viewpoint (the independent detail), the view (in your view map), and the drawing (on the layout) will all have the same name. Working backwards, the drawing gets the name automatically from the view and the view gets the name automatically from the viewpoint.

In your case they are different: You have renamed the drawing and although you didn't specify it in your post you have possibly named the view to something different than the name of the independent detail.

Your drawing settings show the source view (that is the view in your view map, not the viewpoint in your project map) is an internal view located at Proposed Dwelling/Details/B1 Engineer Beam Details 1:10.

The screenshot of the view map does not show the entire Details folder, and the view could possibly be further down in the list. The best bet is to right click on the drawing and select Open Source View, that will open the source view of that drawing in your view map. If it doesn't then the view has been deleted, through your Navigator/Organizer.

BUT it doesn't necessarily mean that the viewpoint has been deleted. You could start manually opening all detail viewpoints and looking for your content. Then you could just make a new view and re-link the drawing to it.
I would start with B1 1:10 Detail.

With that all said, you really are fighting the program using these methods. All of this should happen automatically, consistently and predictably. Then you can use more features, such as back referencing.

I hope you get to make your change soon, you won't believe the difference it will make to your productivity and happiness!

Good luck!

Cheers,
Link.