Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Navigator Preview to Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to have a Navigator preview type view that I can put on the layout sheet?
I am working on a 1200m² floor plan with many rooms, the main floor plan takes up a whole A1 page at 1:100.
I need to do interior elevations for the toilet & bathroom areas at a scale of 1:20 & would like to have the small view of the entire floor showing in the corner of the layout with a box around the area where the interior elevations will be for.

I have seen this done with another lesser program called revit, so I am hoping somebody can tell me how to do it with ArchiCAD, even though I suspect the answer will be a workaround, which is fine as I wouldn't need to do it often.
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
I don't see why not.
Just create a new view of your floor plan at the reduced scale for the navigator style preview (1:500 or 1:1000 or whatever scale you want).
Then add this view to the layout page with your room layouts.

You can either add a new layer in Archicad that you use for that view and you can box out the area with 1 50% fill in the plan.
Create new views and new layers if you have more than one area.
Or you can just add a fill in the layout page and just have the one view that you can use again if you have a second area.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dontknow
Enthusiast
You can turn on the 'Navigator Preview Palette'.

Detailed info at:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/con...
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I copied each story onto a worksheet at 1;500 with all markers & text layers off, then drag onto layout, add a printable border & highlight the area with a polyline box!
Thanks Barry
Barry Kelly
Rogerdodge wrote:
I copied each story onto a worksheet at 1;500 with all markers & text layers off, then drag onto layout, add a printable border & highlight the area with a polyline box!
Thanks Barry
You're welcome.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rogerdodge wrote:
Thanks Barry
Not sure why you copied each story to a worksheet. Just save a view with the right scale, layer combo and MVO etc. as a reference plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure either Stu!
I will try it just as an exercise for future use.