cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF - Recommendation

Zdenko
Advocate

asking the forum for recommended PDF software to use in conjunction with AC27. my experience has been using Bluebeam with Civil3D and found it extremely helpful. I have multiple PDF documents that contain many lines of text and would like to use the PDF software to select text and copy over to AC27. the "preview" option from Apple stinks and is a pain in the rear! the PDF documents have been imported into AC27 to test the "explode into current view" but leaves a blood bath of inconsistent text lines and fonts and takes way too much time to clean up.

we are considering of using the Adobe platform since Bluebeam is not supported by Apple.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
2 REPLIES 2
JoeA
Booster

While a bit of a roundabout approach, I will sometimes use the text recognition feature of the iPhone camera, copy the clipboard, paste it into note temporarily and then airdrop it to my macbook.  It seems to handle large amounts of text surprisingly well.

Joe A.

(ArchiCAD since 8.0)

here i thought we were the only ones to come up with that idea! 🙂

if it was a one off would not complain but unfortunately not a solution for our needs...

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5

Setup info provided by author