Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PLOTMAKER windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotmaker 3.1.0.v1

Is there a way, when importing a AC project into Plotmaker to shape the drawing "window" in shapes other than a square or rectangle?? What if the room I am wanting to show is triangular, is there a way for the window to be triangular??

TIA!

Steve Ericsson
Olympia, Washington
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Is there a way, when importing a AC project into Plotmaker to shape the drawing "window" in shapes other than a square or rectangle?? What if the room I am wanting to show is triangular, is there a way for the window to be triangular??
With the fill tool draw a polygon the shape you would like the window to be.

Select the fill and the drawing.

Choose Edit/Set Polygon as Drawing Frame.

Woody
__archiben
Booster
Steve wrote:
yes - right-click on the drawing in question and go to "Drawing Settings...". you should see a setting in there somewhere for changing the drawing setting from a rectangle to a ploygon. once you've set it to 'polygon' you can edit the drawing boundary as you would any polygon in archiCAD: dragging nodes around and clicking an edge to create new nodes . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
woodster wrote:

oooh! that's a good one - i've never done it that way before . . .

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
oooh! that's a good one - i've never done it that way before . . .
It's the way we did it back in the olden days

I never did it your way. In Plotmaker 3 one had more freedom to develop the shape my way. In PlotMaker 9 you get the full capability to edit polygons as you get in ArchiCAD...

I'm switching to your way!
Aussie John
Newcomer
i've been using plotmaker since version 2(i think) or 3 and never noticed that option of setting polygon to frame
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben, that is AWSOME!! That is exactly what I was looking for!!! Woodie, great idea, unfortunately I like Ben's much better!

Thanks, fellas! Hey, by the way Woodie, did you teach ArchiCamp in Oakland Ca. a few years ago? If so, we attended and it was great - thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Hey, by the way Woodie, did you teach ArchiCamp in Oakland Ca. a few years ago? If so, we attended and it was great - thanks!

I did... and we are in the midst of putting ArchiCAMP back on the map! Stay tuned!

Woody
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
woodster wrote:
Steve wrote:

Woody
Woody,
What other plotmaker tips have got up you sleeve ?

I would really like to hear what your plans are for the ArchiCAMP as well. Could be a concept we could use here in Sweden.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com