Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM keeps Deleting files

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having major issues with Plotmaker (from AC9) in our office. Almost everytime we open a pre-established layout book, one or more linked views has been deleted. There is a box where it is supposed to be, but it is empty (with a big "x" through it) and in the drawing status box, it is listed as "deleted". This is really annoying, very time consuming and i am just about ready to go back to AC7 and the old school PM because we end up wasting so much time relinking files each time we open a layout book. We also have many view which won't import and have had to resort to saving the view as a .pmk and linking in that file.

Any suggestions or advice you have would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you,
Abby
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
have you updated to the latest v1 patch, or are you on the orginal v1 of AC9?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another reason that the files are not showing - they are not found in the initial search for them. There is the "Read all from" selection at the bottom of the navigator. A file management system that places the files in the same place every time is imperitive for PM to get the location correct. I am forever it seems not following the placement of saved views correctly and have to go find what my feeble brain did with them. Finding stuff in other job files is truly frustrating.

Office standards and absolute adherance to those standards is a mandatory proceedure.

Lew Bishop
Architect
p4 2.8/768Mem/nvidia 5600
AC9US
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice. I downloaded the update and installed it. We are still having files disappear, but it seems like it is somewhat diminished. Also, i am unable to located the "Read all From" button at the bottom of the PM navigator....is this is a difference between mac and PC? (we are on Mac) or am i blind?

Thanks again!
Abby
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Read all from" is located under the drawing usage tab at the bottom of the Navigator when you first load the file..

Hope it helps

Lew Bishop
P4 2.8/768/nvidia 5600 XP Home
AC9US
Djordje
Ace
Abby wrote:
Thanks for your advice. I downloaded the update and installed it. We are still having files disappear, but it seems like it is somewhat diminished. Also, i am unable to located the "Read all From" button at the bottom of the PM navigator....is this is a difference between mac and PC? (we are on Mac) or am i blind?
"Read all from" will appear in Drawing usage only if:

- all the selected/present views come form the same file
- all of the selected/present views are of the same type

For example: if you have views from two ArchiCAD files in the same laoyut book, you will NOT get Read all from always. If you select the imported views, and a few Excel sheets that are brought in using OLE, you will also not get it.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've spent the past hour looking for a post that mention the PlotMaker anomaly that we are finding to see if others are experiencing this too. This post seemed close and we have seen this behaviour too, but I started a new post for mine ("Plomaker not updating views in networked environment (Mac)").