cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printed appearance of elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Can anyone tell me....what determines the printed colour of wall and other surfaces of Archicad materials. I have my elevations set up so that under Model Effects, Element's Own Material Colours are displayed. I am using Surface whitewash or a variation of same as the wall material. This appears in the printed elevations as a mid grey tone. This is very muddy looking and I would like to change this if possible. How can I control the colored appearance of surfaces in printed elevations without messing up my 3D model materials? Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance
fool of a took
13 REPLIES 13
__archiben
Booster
Dwight wrote:
Since our colleague is not forthcoming, I can only suppose that it is an analytical view where the (no such thing as) white is not directly lit.
it's not - it's a nasty bug. since internal engine generated, coloured elevations are just that: coloured, then no-such-thing-as-white is a valid 'colour' to use. rendering/illustration and the 3D window, dwight, are a totally different kettle of fish from this . . .

all other coloured materials come out the colour they are assigned in the materials settings. their tone is adjusted to compensate for shadow or fall-off around a curve but their un-shaded perpendicular surface to the elevation viewpoint is the colour they are assigned. except white, which comes out a dirty, grubby grey regardless of sun azimuth or altitude.

i sent a bug e-mail a few months ago about this and i saw recently that link has reported it again. the reply i received was that it had "super high 'future release' status". i've been meaning to give it some follow-up and add some weight to link's report: thanks for the reminder

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Identify the color in PM and make it white
__archiben
Booster
Adalbert wrote:
Identify the color in PM and make it white
no can do adalabert: it's a shaded elevation and therefore an RGB colour generated by the internal engine . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
~/archiben wrote:
all other coloured materials come out the colour they are assigned in the materials settings. their tone is adjusted to compensate for shadow or fall-off around a curve but their un-shaded perpendicular surface to the elevation viewpoint is the colour they are assigned. except white, which comes out a dirty, grubby grey regardless of sun azimuth or altitude.
As I recall they all came out a little duller no matter what the color, although I couldn't see a consistent pattern when comparing them in Photoshop. And since the Vectorial Sun Shadows were turned off, I didn't know what was causing it.

I am sure our good friends at Graphisoft are on top of it and everything will be fixed next time!

Cheers,
Link.