Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publish to AutoCAD dwg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am lost on the sea of ArchiCAD trying to Publish a Plotmaker dwg as a auto CAD drawing so my 4 consultants can get started working (I have been trying for over 3 days to make this happen but I am completely frustrated) I keep getting a dialogue box that says that it failed due to incorrect definition of path or drive or insufficient access rights...What is this all about ?

And how can I provide good timely service for my clients ?

thanks - Paul
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
DON'T DO IT!! This is very simple!!

As just stated, you haven't defined a path to save to yet. This first pic here shows that you have not done this - you MUST click teh View Set Publishing Properties... button to pick a path to save these files to. I always choose desktop and creat a new file because my desktop is so cluttered - both of them!!

Next, as shown in the second pic, you MUST select the format. If you want AutoCad compatibility, I always choose DWG. You must click on each file, OR select them all in the view set window and then click the DWF pull down menu and select DWG. IF your consultants/architects prefer DWF, that is fine too!

I also like to send them plot files, or .plt. You can do this by plotting from Plotmaker by selecting plot to file instead of plot to plotter.

I struggled with this stuff at first too, but once you get it, it is great! Unfortunately the manuals are not too good for Plotmaker, but just ask and we'll help!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Second Pic -
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mucho thanks.....and yes just one click away can be a mile...and who know why? often like being the captain in a submarine who is driveing silent and without insturments and his periscope is all awash...ugg!

but life does go on...thanks to all... Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got it, Paul. Sometimes simple things just don't jump out at you like they should!