Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher Bugs (Missing Letters)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone experience missing letters while publishing a pdf? I first thought it is because of a 'new font' - MS Windows own Calibri Light, however that wasn't the problem, since by changing the font the problem still persisted.

Some letters like 't's' for example are erased in the process, however not all 't's', just the ones publisher chooses. They are represented in the working enviroment however non-existent in the published pdf.

If anyone had the same issues, I would be glad to know how they fixed them, or is it just a major bug in the publisher application one has to live with. By major I do mean major, since missing letters is not a small deal.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have also experienced this problem. It seemed to always be worse on the first page, and then happened sporadically after that.

My solution? I didn't find a good one. I either convert pages individually and bypass the publisher completely, or I use the publisher and have to individually verify each pdf thereafter.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else found a fix for this issue. We have had a couple of embarrassing incidents where drawings have been converted and sent to clients only to have them call to complain about missing letters.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Brian
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
bw_wjs wrote:
Has anyone else found a fix for this issue. We have had a couple of embarrassing incidents where drawings have been converted and sent to clients only to have them call to complain about missing letters.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Brian
This is an issue that many of our clients have complained about in the past years. Unfortunately, a complete solution requires changes on the font and on the PDF engine side as well and many other software companies are waiting for a complete solution. We checked what we could do on our side to help you guys out there, but we cannot fix this in the code of ArchiCAD.

Based on our experiences some fonts that use ligatures are affected. At this point, the best way to work around this is to use a different font. A couple of fonts that are affected:
- Cambria
- Calibri
- SansSerif
- Wingdings

I hope this helps,
Marton Kiss
Chief Product Officer
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is among the reasons that I always recommend to my clients to use common fonts. Arial if you can stand it seems to always work well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
bw_wjs wrote:
The only solution is to use standard fonts so far or make sure to embed fonts you've selected. Embedding prevents font substitution.
term paper writer