Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing 3D PDF, cant attach U3D to layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So... I'm working on a small house project for a client of mine. And I thought it would be nice to send him some 3D PDFs of his "soon to be" house.

But I can't seem to add the U3D file in Archicad...

http://www.archicadwiki.com/U3D this is the guide I used.

I'll try to explain what I did.

1. I found a good 3D view of the modell, right clicked and used "Capture window for 3D document..."

2. Went back to same 3D view of the modell and "saved as" U3D file.

3. Added my finnished layout to Publisher sheets.

But when I select "Document Options" -> "PDF Options" I can't check the box to "Embed 3D Content"

Sorry if I can't explain more cohesive as english my secondary language

Help is much appreciated!

Using AC14 running on 64-bit Win 7
4 REPLIES 4
It works. You need to select the layout the u3d file will be in. Then select PDF Options.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue that Olausonxsd has posted. The Embed 3D content does option does not appear.

If anyone knows how to make this show up that info would be great.

Thanks
It works just as shown above....when it works!
It is not very consistant as far as I can tell. I have been able to do it by testing with the detault template file. It seems to work one time and then not again after that until I close out and try it again with a new file. ??

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once there is 3d view placed on the layout, the "Embed 3D Content" box is activated.

P.S. There are still something strange.

Problem 1. In Layout Book , the 3d View placed on the layout could not seen directly.

Problem 2. In Publish Set, I just check the box "Embed 3D Content" box without choosing any U3D file. The 3d View should be the default "Perspective View" in the published pdf. However once I publish the layout as pdf. It is crash. (Report Already)

Problem 3. In Publish Set, I check the box " Embed 3D content" box and choose one U3D file. It is fine in the published pdf file. However if I place two or more view in the layout, there is only one 3d View shown in the published pdf.

Olausonxd wrote:
So... I'm working on a small house project for a client of mine. And I thought it would be nice to send him some 3D PDFs of his "soon to be" house.

But I can't seem to add the U3D file in Archicad...

http://www.archicadwiki.com/U3D this is the guide I used.

I'll try to explain what I did.

1. I found a good 3D view of the modell, right clicked and used "Capture window for 3D document..."

2. Went back to same 3D view of the modell and "saved as" U3D file.

3. Added my finnished layout to Publisher sheets.

But when I select "Document Options" -> "PDF Options" I can't check the box to "Embed 3D Content"

Sorry if I can't explain more cohesive as english my secondary language

Help is much appreciated!

Using AC14 running on 64-bit Win 7