Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Remove comma from table list

lcdega
Contributor

Hi all,

Is it possible to remove the comma or set the table so that I get a full number in the highlighted column?
I have tried already to change my region settings as I could see in another similar topics, but this did not bring any change.
I am asking this, because I need to export this table in excel, but with this format excel is not able to read the values as number, only as text, preventing me to use a formula.

Thanks

2023-06-12 11_32_25-li174_pl_230406_Frankfurt JW Marriott_EG-3.OG_TEST - ARCHICAD  - __Remote.png
Archicad 25.0.0 
Windows Server 2019
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5317 CPU @ 3.00GHz 32 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Jan Millan
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Is this number part of an expression where the number is formatted as a string using the STR() or STRCALCUNIT() functions?
If the answer to this question is yes, you may have to do another step to convert the string back to a number before taking it out to Excel.

Typically, when formatting numbers as strings in Archicad, the commas are retained in Excel. However, when dealing with numbers directly, they are displayed without commas. Please refer to the attached screenshot, which illustrates a quick schedule displaying the area both as a number and as a string in Excel which shows how the number does not retain the comma but the string does.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 10.34.12 AM.png

Jan Millán
Senior Customer Success Manager, Graphisoft
Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager

Thanks, would it be possible to do this step directly in Archicad, without passing through Excel?

Archicad 25.0.0 
Windows Server 2019
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5317 CPU @ 3.00GHz 32 GB