Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Render Objects with Contours

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here there!

I'm trying to achieve a style of graphic that i quite like: axonometric views (sometimes exploded to show parts of a construction) with naiive comic-esque additions (people, trees, cars) but simple, clean black lines.

How can I achieve the look below by mainly using Archicad, and using as little Photoshop as possible?

If i go to Axonometric View and show contours, i still get shadows/differently colored walls, also i can't really do anything with the view short of taking a screenshot... I'm really a beginner at this. Any ideas?

1dce72e4caf7545e96636c56e499203f.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Alice,

You will be able to achieve something like this by using a 3D Document in ArchiCAD.

Once you have made one you can set all elements to have white backgrounds and a thin line. You can also turn on shadows and have them at 25% etc.

Once you have saved the 3D document you can overlay it will colored fills and dashed lines to show the materials and line callouts.

For the trees, I would try to find images that have transparent backgrounds.
The people can be images with transparent backgrounds or fills.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
ArchiCAD library does offer some 2d trees and people that you could just add to the 3d Document. Send backwards, forwards etc on elements works fine as longs as the Uncut Elements have a solid background (or -1 window background).

I use a few choice 2D objects in my sections elevations for a little added detail that I can't really be bothered to model 3D and I can hide them partially behind 3D elements, same as if they would be 2D fills.

The benefit of 3D document is also live connection to the model, small changes will reflect right away and if you manage to limit the 2d patch work to the bare minimum, you will have little time to spend on updating the impression when your design changes.

With renders, which will also do this fine, you do need to go in Photoshop to overlay colour and sketch outlines at the very least.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
perfect! thank you both for your replies. i really am new to using archicad, using the 3d-document to achieve the look i was going for is somewhat obvious i realize now - but i'd certainly have blundered about for quite a while without your help