Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Search for 2D objects in sections/internal elevation/elevations etc

Wokka
Contributor

Hi, Documenting a Aged Care and have a few hundred internal elevations. I have my own 2D Object for indicating various heights /Finishes etc. The problem is, if I need to change something in the 2D object (say revised bech setout height), I need to open each elevation seperatly and edit it. What I'm hoping to do is set up a schedule to find all the parts and then edit the parameters in the schedule. This is fine for floor plans, but I can't get schedule to search for objects in elevations/sections etc. Any ideas how to fix this??

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Operating system used: Windows W10

Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Unfortunately schedules do not search for anything in the elevations - only plan and 3D model.

If your object is parametric (which it sounds like it is - adjustable by parameters), I am afraid you will have to open each elevation and adjust.

If it is not parametric, then you could open the object and edit it to the new size. Save and all objects placed will update.

So you could create a non-parametric object, but in this case you will still have to open every elevation to replace it.

Maybe an option for next time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Wokka
Contributor

Thank's Barry, Unfortunatley, that's as I expected 🙁. This is parametric, but the only real control I need is it's length, everything else could be fixed and edited as a non parametric object. I was hoping there may be some way of 'tagging' it as 3D, place a 1mm block in the model, but that sort of stuff is well above my pay grade. Thanks for you help.

Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render

Setup info provided by author