cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Selection snap issues

Tom Krowka
Booster
This has bothered me for a while; am wondering how everybody else sets it up. Selecting points or hot spots is difficult. The cursor has a hard time selecting the pixel where the hot spot is. I have working units set to 1/64 inch, and cursor snap range set to "1". When I first started using AC (version 8), I used higher settings, but I seemed to have problems with poor intersections and funky dimensions strings. So I made it as tight as possible, and it seemed to clear up.

Recently I purchased a new monitor; the resolution is much better than the old CRT. Now I have the cursor right over the highlighted point, but I have to finesse it get get a cursor mark. Production time is slowing down.

Will setting cursor snap range higher give me lousy intersections like it used to? And also working units. I've tried reducing the resolution on the monitor but it looks bad.....but it's easier to snap to points.

Thanks

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
...and cursor snap range set to "1"....

...the resolution is much better than the old CRT. Now I have the cursor right over the highlighted point, but I have to finesse it get get a cursor mark....
Surely with the problems you describe, the answer must be to increase the pixel snap range! That is exactly what that setting is there for!

For what it's worth, I have always used the default of 5 pixels snap range and have never had any problems selecting anything.

Try it. What's the worst that could happen!

Also check you haven't got grid snap on, as this would effect how the cursor would select nodes.
Tom Krowka
Booster
You're correct. I thought 1 pixel would be most accurate building the model....but it appears to do fine. Thanks

Tk
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com