cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Setting initial elevation for a cusotm complex profile

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I am asking this on behalf of someone else (and I don't know the answer):

Scott,
I have been trying to use the complex profile feature for creating a wall. I have followed the book and tutor steps and have successfully created the profile, but the base elevation of the wall gets set to 984 feet and it appears that the top and bottom settings are not editable. I have created several profiles now and they all seem to get set at the same large elevation of 985 feet. Now I have made this profile in its own ArchiCad file and now I want to apply this profile setting to a project in another ArchiCad file once I get the settings correct.

For base elevation, in the wall settings DB, what do you have the wall base set to? Are your stretchy lines placed correctly in complex wall profile DB?

I’m not sure it the stretchy lines are correctly placed cause when I select the object in the 3D menu, there are lines extending far off the screen but the object itself looks fine. My elevation setting is set at 0 feet for the “user origin” setting but the base elevation is still at apprx. 984 feet

Also, where is the origin set when you save the profile?

I have moved the origin point to different locations and that has not fixed the problem, I have tried setting one of the corners as the origin and that did not work.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
Can you post a zipped aat (attribute) file containing the profile?
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
I have moved the origin point to different locations and that has not fixed the problem, I have tried setting one of the corners as the origin and that did not work.
This may be a clue to the elevation problem. The origin is the fixed red cross in the editor window. Moving the user (temporary global) origin has no effect on this. It is necessary to move the profile elements to the red cross.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Thanks so much Matthew & James; your suggestions solved their issue and is good to know for future reference.

Quote:
I moved the profile back to the origin and it works fine just as you would expect it to.

Thank you,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Djordje
Ace
General rule:

Whenever you create anything - object, symbol fill, profile ... - do it at the origin and zero elevation.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen