Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text disappears in AC25 when zoom?

Anders Juul DK
Contributor

Hi

After installing Archicad on our MAC, we've had a problem with the text partially disappearing as we zoom in and out of the drawing!

I have a Macbook Pro and 2 extra 27 "screens. It is only on the 2 extra screens that it appears.

And it has not been a problem on AC24 or other older versions!

Video: https://youtu.be/VM3EaVkY1Vg

/Anders

50 REPLIES 50

Any updates on a possible fix?

When I set the 2D Drawing Acceleration to off, zooming in and out is much slower! 

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.40.25 AM.png

Do we have any updates yet? I had the issue actually go away, but now its back again.

Hello,

Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for the question!

As far as I know, fixing this bug won't be an easy one. At the moment, we hope that the fix will arrive for Update 4 for Archicad 25. Until then, there are only some workaround, like disabling Hardware Acceleration or keeping Archicad on the main screen only.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! If you have any questions please let us know!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I'm having the same issue and I'm not using any external displays. 

Archicad 25 (Solo)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 

Processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

macOS Monterey, Version 12.0.1

Thanks,

Eric

Dear Eric,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!
So far, we only received reports coming from users having external screens. Is it possible to you to make a quick video or screenshot of the issue you are having, just to make sure that I understand it correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I just purchased an external monitor, hooked up to my new Macbook Pro 2021 (16") and have the same issue, with Archicad 25, Build 4013.  I can't use Archicad if it functions in this manner.  When will there be a fix?

joelsdg
Enthusiast

I want to add my voice to this list of users that are absolutely aghast that this is still a problem.  I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro, and am so glad to hear it's not just me.

This problem is costing me time and money, when I can't see the content on my screen.  Model building on a 16" laptop screen is not an option for long periods of time.  

And now it appears this issue won't be fixed for several months.  To me, this is a problem that would be on the top of the list to fix immediately.  I have been using Archicad since v6.5 and this is by far the worst "bug" I've run across.

Graphisoft, fix this now!

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

I downloaded an update, build 4014 a few weeks back and that seemed to fix the issue on my 16” Macbook Pro. You might want to double check you’ve got the latest and greatest. 

Minh, I am new to communicating via this forum and when I received an email about your response, I responded via email and thus it came back as not deliverable. Below is the email I attempted to respond to your inquiry about: 

Minh, 

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was frustrated with the way the program was behaving on my Macbook that I went back to using my old iMac (and downloaded a copy of Archicad 25 solo) and didn’t have the issues there. 

I then went back to the Macbook to try to reproduce the disappearing dimension text and it would no longer allow me to open my files (because they were now saved to a newer build of Arch25 solo). Therefore, I updated my Macbook’s software to the latest build (4014) and I no longer have the issues with the text disappearing on the dimension lines when zooming in and out on the drawings.

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry I didn’t see your message until after I had updated to the latest build, so I can’t produce a video to illustrate the issue I was having.  

When I look for updates from Archicad self, it says it's up to date.

See attached image of options when you go directly to the Graphisoft website..

Don't see version 4014, only 5000 and it says preview version. What am I missing?

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 4.32.01 PM.jpg