cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unwanted displacement of the layout frames

Matador264
Contributor

Hello,

When working in the layouts, the workspaces all seem to have moved very far away from the model. The 3D model hasn't moved, but the 89 layouts don't frame at all what they should. After checking, it seems that they have all undergone the same translation.
How did this happen and how can we restore the situation without having to do a lot of time-consuming handwork?

Matador264_0-1725291880004.png

Thanks for the help

Operating system used: Windows

5 REPLIES 5
Ines Miranda
Contributor

Hello,

Did you save your view in View Map with the "current zoom" settings and the "Ignore zoom and rotation when opening the view" closed? Like above:

InesMiranda_0-1725293371500.png

And then, did you placed this view on layout?

Maybe the error is that you're putting the view without current zoom and then the layout extends the view,. Or even you're putting the view in the layout some view of "Project Map" and not "View Map"

InesMiranda_1-1725293458646.png

Hope that helped

Matador264
Contributor

The view comes from the "View map" and these are the settings related to the view on the layout: 

Matador264_0-1725349622870.png

I am not sure to understand how the zooming settings could impact the way the source view moves within the frame in the layout. Could you develop? 

Also the layout were in place for weeks before our issue and we know that before the translation occur the only change that have been made in the view settings was the dimensioning (from 2. cm (0) to 3.cm (0.0))

It is important that the "Ignore zoom and rotation" is closed, because some change, even a small one, could modify the zoom that you saved in "Zoomed Area". Try to open all views and close this checking, and "ok".

Then check the layouts and tell/show me, please. I only see that resolution.

Xandros
Expert

If it's still unchecked, I'd also suggest to Use Drawing’s internal origin as anchor in your drawing settings in your layout

Xandros_0-1725357586269.png

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F150_UserInterfaceToolSettings%2F150_U...

ArchiCAD 27 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Matador264
Contributor

Probably one of your suggestion would have worked if I had set these settings before the translation. Now, even if I modify these settings it doesn't change anything ...

Setup info provided by author

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!