Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Views placed on Layout keeps updating

ahmad525
Booster

hey all

i have a problem with most views placed on layout and its constant updating.

when i open a layout it start updating all views and this happen twice before i can use the file.

this is happening to certain files so im assuming it has to do with work environment.

on some sheets i have like 15-18 views and this is starting to take some time since it gets updated twice in a row. 

please find attached

ahmad525_0-1669771588058.png

22 REPLIES 22

@Botonis wrote:

BUT THEN.... I checked my design options and some of them were "Custom".  After setting a certain design Option hte drawings stopped updating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this has to be checked some how by others who are facing the same problem of constant updating.

That is a good point.

No view settings should ever be 'Custom'.

The only time anything custom should be allowed is while you are working on the project.

The views in the view map that you place on the drawings should always have fixed settings, never custom.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Botonis
Advisor

I still cannot figure out how on earth this wasn't realized for so long..........

"Custom" settings in the background are just not saved. As long as they are not changed why do they have to be updated?

It feels like Archicad is updating the layouts with "custom" settings because there is no mechanism to check any changes when "custom" is set....

At least I learned something new today!

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Barry, this updating is not triggered though when the layer's  setting is set to custom.

I think this should have been the case for the rest. Why Design Option, why penset and NOT layers.

In my opinion if those "custom" settings are not altered when you save a view , there is no need for updating. Only the internal checking should be performed in Archicad which is instant. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.