BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Visible plane at project zero in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Sorry if this is a really obvious question... I appear to have a visible grid/plane at the location of project zero when I go to the 3D view. It is blocking everything below it from view.
Perhaps I have turned something on inadvertantly? It is very annoying and I can't get rid of it...
Thanks
Caitríona

PS I tried to get an image to attach but it is not appearing in layout view, only in the 3D view (but not while exploring the model either).
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
That's the 3d editing plane, sometimes (some bug) the transparancy settings get changed.

Go to View > Grid Options > Grids & Background

Here you can change the colour and transparancy of the grid and background.

You can also turn off the editing plane, I think that is at View > 3d View Mode > Editing Plane Display (it might differ for ArchiCAD versions, currently I'm working in a ArchiCAD15 project).

Hope this helps
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
That seemed to be the problem alright - I think I have it turned off now. Thank you very much for your help. I will watch out for that in future!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also check this checkbox (see attached image) that will display the Editing Plane "on-demand".
EditingPlaneOnDemandDisplay.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks for that. I have checked the box, so hopefully it will only happen now when I need it to.
Thanks for the help guys.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just a bit of additional info:
For this WE checkbox to work as expected, the View\Editing Plane Display toggle has to be ON.
If the Editing Plane Display toggle is OFF, no Editing Plane will appear at all, not even when it would be needed during an element creation or editing operation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, right. I've got that now. Have it set up now as it should be. To be honest, now that I know what the plane is and where to find the toggle, I'm sorted. I just didn't know what was going on before! I'm only getting to grips with ArchiCAD gradually... still plenty of basics for me to learn.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No worries, you will get there.
Learn and get certified!