cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall Label That References Wall Surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get or how to customize a Wall Label so that i can have it displaying the Surface of that wall. These would mainly be used in elevation views where i want to document the claddings being used.

Currently i have labels with custom text which i edit and manually input the surface that it is pointing too. I have tried making a few with the some of the preloaded labels but couldn't get the desired outcome.
This image shows my desired label but with manually edited text.
46 REPLIES 46
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Laszlo:

Very clear working method, thanks for taking the time to illustrate this workflow.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am glad you guys find it helpful.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is also Nathan Hildebrand's video about IFC Mapping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LiZh9NSEo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And of course Rob Jackson's take on IFC Mapping. The more people that see this stuff and start implementing it, the better.

http://bimblog.bondbryan.com/archicad-18-join-the-ifc-and-cobie-flow-part-2-data-mapping/

Cheers,
Link.
Brian Spears
Booster
Thanks for the clear instructions, laszlonagy! That helps so much! Thanks, Link for the link too!
Brian Spears
BIM Manager, Steele Group Architects
Winston-Salem, NC
AC27 USA on macOS
DGSketcher
Legend
laszlonagy wrote:
I am glad you guys find it helpful.
Very helpful thanks!!!
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
David Shorter
Advisor
this looks like exactly what I'm looking for but I don't see the option for Outside surface in the dropdown list.
Obviously I am missing something basic
Archicad 4.1 to 28 Tech Preview. Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Brian Spears
Booster
@David, read through ALL of the posts by lazslo in this thread. He covers it in his step by step instructions. It is pretty cool once you get it working!
Brian Spears
BIM Manager, Steele Group Architects
Winston-Salem, NC
AC27 USA on macOS
David Shorter
Advisor
thanks Brian, found it.
most unintuitive. It shouldn't be this difficult.
Does it work for the Shell tool and the Roof tool?
Archicad 4.1 to 28 Tech Preview. Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Thanks for the tutorial Laszlo, it worked as described.

However I wish to use the Generic Label to extract a little more information from the model.

We have a few Projects where instead of numbering the doors with a unique ID we have used the the ID field to state what Type of Door is to be used ie Type A or Type B.

What I would like to use the Generic Label 18 to do is display a user added unique number which has been entered into the Door's "Parameters for Listing" User Defined 1 as well as the Zone Number of the Room the Door is associated with.

Only trouble is I couldn't see in the list of available Properties either the associated Zone Number or the User Defined 1 parameter from the Door Object
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics