Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Where is the Best source to learn about Calculate Menu?

tsturm
Newcomer
I have been asked to do some Calculate features.

I have tried to do a search for all topics here at ArchiTALK, only to find a whole mess of responses.

Where is the best source to learn about this aspect of AC?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
tsturm wrote:

I have tried to do a search for all topics here at ArchiTALK, only to find a whole mess of responses.

There isn't a single great non-human source that covers list schemes, property scripts, databases, interactive scheduler and SQL queries. Much of the information is out there, but scattered around in various posts here and on the old list, tip sheets on reseller and user group web sites, and I believe there is one booklet for sale on the topic.

You might contact your reseller, Greg Conyngham at ICS and see if there are others in the New England area that want a workshop on the topic. I may be out that way for at least one workshop and perhaps we could add a half or full day on Calculate if there is demand.

Sorry I can't be more helpful ... Graphisoft should really have a book on this topic. Maybe others have some links to share...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
...I believe there is one booklet for sale on the topic...
... Graphisoft should really have a book on this topic. Maybe others have some links to share...
Am I the only one that got some of these books with my AC? I thought they were all standard, or is that only for the US version? Or did I get a "special" version? I have the Calculate book (which I have YET to read), the GDL book, and some others. Hmm... maybe I was lucky...
Karl Ottenstein
Sergio wrote:
Karl wrote:
...I believe there is one booklet for sale on the topic...
... Graphisoft should really have a book on this topic. Maybe others have some links to share...
Am I the only one that got some of these books with my AC? I thought they were all standard, or is that only for the US version? Or did I get a "special" version? I have the Calculate book (which I have YET to read), the GDL book, and some others. Hmm... maybe I was lucky...
Sorry. I wasn't refering to the 'old' Calculate manual, which was never reprinted for 8.x ... I was ignoring it under the precept of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Ditto the online help.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rick Thompson
Expert
tsturm wrote:

Terrence, send me your email and I will send you a pdf that someone once put together. I think it was put together to help resellers to teach we users how to work magic with the calc functions. It obviously failed, but it is better than nothing. It is too big to post here.... but I tried.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick, I would be very interested in reading the PDF. My E-mail address is markf@originconstruction.com I would really appreciate it. Thanks