Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Window and door circumference in wall schedule

DenisUser
Booster

Hi,

Is there a way to add openings circumference data in wall schedules? There seems no field for that, but can it be created? Maybe someone can explain a bit or point in the right direction at least.

For example if I have a wall element and it has 2 windows in it which are 1m x 1m. Circumference of one window would be 4m and for two windows it would be 8m. Sometimes windows are not square also. I would need this 8m data to be added to wall schedule. We need this to approximate air tightness tape quantity for openings.

Operating system used: Windows

Archicad 27 Solo, Windows 11 Pro, Dell Precision 7560 Laptop (64GB RAM, i7-11850H, RTX A4000), Dual 27-inch Dell Monitors (2560x1440).
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kamelite
Advocate

Is this what you need?

Door-1.jpg

This is made entirely by using expressions, and can easily be put in a schedule.  I have not been able to remove the last 40mm, it seems to be the space between the element and the stud.... Tried setting that distance to Zero, and the 40 disappeared.

Here is how its done:

door.jpg

Note that the datatype must be integer. 

Hope this was helpful!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

View solution in original post

Solution

If you associate that expression to the classification that you use for both windows and doors, then you will be able to schedule those in window and door schedules and get results.

Will only be accurate for rectangular openings.

Unfortunately with wall properties, you can only get the 'combined width of doors' and 'combined width of windows', but there is no property for the heights it seems.

So you would have to get the values from door and window schedules.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Kamelite
Advocate

Is this what you need?

Door-1.jpg

This is made entirely by using expressions, and can easily be put in a schedule.  I have not been able to remove the last 40mm, it seems to be the space between the element and the stud.... Tried setting that distance to Zero, and the 40 disappeared.

Here is how its done:

door.jpg

Note that the datatype must be integer. 

Hope this was helpful!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Hey,

Thanks.

I have not yet tried it, but just to clarify I made a picture of what I want. So I would need it to calculate windows in wall schedule. There is a field field for combined width of windows, but not circumference. Will this be able to calculate windows that have different shapes or just square shaped?

Archicad 27 Solo, Windows 11 Pro, Dell Precision 7560 Laptop (64GB RAM, i7-11850H, RTX A4000), Dual 27-inch Dell Monitors (2560x1440).

Thanks. This formula works, but only for windows. It is not exactly what I wanted. I was thinking that a formula would calculate all circumferences of all different windows in a particular wall and then add them up so I could display this in my wall schedule. But I can still use this formula to quickly manually add them up and add a custom text to a schedule. This formula will help. It would be even better if this formula could calculate all selected opening objects into one value. But this is ok too.

Solution

If you associate that expression to the classification that you use for both windows and doors, then you will be able to schedule those in window and door schedules and get results.

Will only be accurate for rectangular openings.

Unfortunately with wall properties, you can only get the 'combined width of doors' and 'combined width of windows', but there is no property for the heights it seems.

So you would have to get the values from door and window schedules.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. Yes I thought of that too. This will speed things up and I can add them up from the schedule and add custom text in my wall schedule with value I got from opening schedule. It is better than measuring all openings manually.

Setup info provided by author