Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Interactive Schedule - Edit Constraint

Marc H
Advisor

Just posting this unusual, circumstantial constraint on editing interactive schedules should anyone have the same issue :  If the initial work session window is on an extended display and the Row Height setting is too low/tight, the active field edit icon for list values (e.g., Classifications, Property Option Sets, etc.) may be invisible, thus appearing locked and preventing selection edits.

Background/Detail:

I have several schedules, all of which utilize the same dedicated LC (All On and Unlocked), RS (Show All), and MVO (All Detail).  All data constraints are in the Schedule Criteria.  This setup has greatly simplified my editing sessions, except for a few schedules where I was not able to edit various fields.  On one of them, I decided to increase the row height with 10pt text from .2in to .3in.  The edit icon was immediately visible.  Interestingly, if I drag the session window to my main, albeit smaller MacBook Pro display, sometimes the edit icon will show, sometimes not.  While I have not tested the various scenarios extensively, it appears there is a relationship here to be mindful of should you experience this behavior.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author