Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

attributes into plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I have some difficulties to understand how to manage attributes in PMK (especially pen colors and thicknesses).
In Archicad, we replace default pen attributes using the attribute manager with several standardized files.
But we use much more colors for good visibility into AC. So we can't keep the drawing's pen attributes. Inside PMK we always have to manually change several pens from colors to black or grey. Is there a way to import pen profiles into PMK.? I did not find…

Best regards
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you have one PMK set with the pens and colors that you want in Plotmaker, (and I'm assuming that you are not using Uniform pens and colors!), you can Cmd click on one and option+cmd click on another to transfer the pen settings. (eyedropper and syringe in case I have the wrong key combinations)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
Once you have one PMK set with the pens and colors that you want in Plotmaker,
Yes, I can even select all PMK together and set the pens, but anyway I have to set pen by pen manually while I can do it automatically into AC with the Attribute Manager.
No Attribute Manager into PM?
Even the most basic (pen)?
I am not a great fan of bigA but at least there is a print pen setting tool (ctb files) that allows you to switch easy.
Set up pens in AC. Use Attribute Manager if possible/desired.

Save a PMK from that project. It will have the project's pens.

Import it into the 'book. Opt(Alt)+click on the drawing, Cmd+Opt(Ctrl+Alt)+click on the corner of the layout's 'paper'.

It will work even with 'Uniform Pens' checked in preferences.

Even though there's no AM in plotmaker, it's really only one step removed.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well James
I am not sure I fully understand.
My PM attributes are not the same as my AC attributes ok?
So I should create a pseudo file (a template to force AC drawings to change the pen setting)
Then save a PMK (of what, an empty drawing?)
Then copy/paste attributes…"in the corner of the layout paper"
Never saw such a manipulation into the manual, I'll try
I understand it should force all drawings to change with "uniforms pens" but you said "even". I am lost. I understood that if I do not check that, drawings will keep their preferences if not edited.
I'll try the way you explain but even though it looks fairly simple, it's tricky, not documented and less comprehensible than an clear AM.
And by the way (for GS) AM should be export as a nice panel with pen numbers and thickness so we can really check and clean up pen's mess instead of this *%&% scroll list.
And by the way again James thanks but what are you doing working IFAIK at about 4 o'clock in the morning (Washington DC uhh?)
Philippe wrote:
Well James
I am not sure I fully understand.
My PM attributes are not the same as my AC attributes ok?
Right.
So I should create a pseudo file (a template to force AC drawings to change the pen setting)
Not sure about that pseudo, but I guess I would recommend creating the PMKs from a new project. With AM there's really no risk in wrecking your pens, if you have aats saved for different setups, which you should.
Then save a PMK (of what, an empty drawing?)
It doesn't matter what, I suppose an empty drawing wouldn't be best. I have an object that draws a line and a square with each pen in a grid arrangement. I use it for my pen PMKs; then it looks like what it is (a pen setting resource) when you see it in PM. But I should point out that you don't need to use actually use each pen; the settings are in there anyway. The drawing could be as little as two hotspots in pen #1. Note: save the PMKs with 'save used attributes only' UNchecked.
Then copy/paste attributes…"in the corner of the layout paper"
Never saw such a manipulation into the manual, I'll try
I haven't either. It is an actual feature, though; when you do it there's a dialog box about weight and color called 'Transfer Pen Attributes'. Both boxes should typically be checked. (A search for 'Transfer Pen' in the manual returns nothing.)

The paper is represented by the blue rectangle in the layout, if that wasn't clear.
I understand it should force all drawings to change with "uniforms pens" but you said "even". I am lost. I understood that if I do not check that, drawings will keep their preferences if not edited.
You don't sound lost. Let me clarify: With 'Uniform' on, the PMKs will appear to have the colors of the book settings, and in fact you can't choose the 'Drawing Pens and colors' menu option to check. But the pens of the drawing aren't internally changed; the transfer still works.

With 'uniform' off, you can use the same technique to put pen settings in individual drawings. This is the only way to have different pen setups among placed drawings.
I'll try the way you explain but even though it looks fairly simple, it's tricky, not documented and less comprehensible than an clear AM.
Full agreement.
And by the way (for GS) AM should be export as a nice panel with pen numbers and thickness so we can really check and clean up pen's mess instead of this *%&% scroll list.
Right again.
And by the way again James thanks but what are you doing working IFAIK at about 4 o'clock in the morning (Washington DC uhh?)
With daylight savings time it was actually 5. Be assured I am up early rather than late.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info