Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

need help with sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone please give me some direction on how to deal with "to much" information in sections. I have attached an example. I understand the point of AC is to show all the real info, but as you can see what is shown in this section makes the section very difficult to read. See how there are multiple trusses shown, is there a way to show what you want without having to each item on its own layer? I have done some fills here, using it as whiteout, but it is very time consuming. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not limit the horizontal range visible in the section?
If you really need to delineate something farther away, then create another section.
Open your section marker settings to view the visible range options.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
That would be my solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to hide a single element in the section view, not by layer but by object. I have a window around a curved wall, it does not need to be shown in the section, but shortening the view range would take away other items I do need to see. In Revit you can hide single items, thats why I am asking.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Uuuuhhhh, to my knowledge you cannot hide single items. Maybe a AC wizard could tell you how to do this but I don't believe it's possible. Maybe cover it with a fill? Junky solution but maybe the only one...
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is little comfort but, open the section selection settings, go to the Marker panel and check "segmented". Now, break the section view line forward and back, with as many jogs as you like. Unfortunately, the same option to segment the range is absent.

1) Some additional layers should help.
2) Placing a wall on its own layer to block elements for that situation.
3) Create a unique layer combo, save the view and you won't have to recreate linework and tedious whiteout fills every time you shift 3" right or left....

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the tips.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i am a newbie in archicad. can anyone tell me what is happening with my section drawings which do not show the countertop outline of my kitchen base cabinet. it appears as if my kitchen sink is floating due to the missing line of the counter top. however if i change the counter type to rectangular, it shows a line ( i use rounded edge type for the counter). it is a cross sectional view of the house which cuts along the dining area and therefore gives a view of the ktichen interior facing the cabinets with sink. the kitchen layout is L-type. and on the free end of the cabinet the footbase is also missing. as if my base cabinet is floating 150mm from the floor. have i missed some settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will assume you double checked all cabinet settings.
Zoom your view level closer in on the missing elements in that section view.
Sometimes the screen resolution simply omits pixels at certain zoom levels.
If your image is a screen capture, they could missing for the same reason.

Please fill out the signature line on your profile and tell us the AC version and Operating System you are working in.

Snap
Erika Epstein
Booster
I've filed some bug reports on this, still not fixed that I know of.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"