BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

not published layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
some of my layers will not be published. totally 3 layers (objects,hatches) do not appear in the plotmaker file. during the time I am publishing the layers are visible, but they don't appear in the plotmaker file.

Jens
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Jens wrote:
some of my layers will not be published. totally 3 layers (objects,hatches) do not appear in the plotmaker file. during the time I am publishing the layers are visible, but they don't appear in the plotmaker file.
Are you publishing a view that was created with a named layer combination, or does the layer combination read as "custom"?

If the view uses a named combination, and those layers are visible for that combination, then I don't know why you would see the behavior you are seeing.

HTH,

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would ask the same question as Karl:
Karl wrote:
Are you publishing a view that was created with a named layer combination, or does the layer combination read as "custom"?

If the view uses a named combination, and those layers are visible for that combination, then I don't know why you would see the behavior you are seeing.
Set up what you want to see in ArchiCAD; then redefine the view that has been imported to PlotMaker; there should be no problem.

If this doesn't help (my comments and Karl's), email me and I will look check it out for you.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am publishing not a named layer combination, it is "custom".

Jens
Djordje
Ace
Jens wrote:
Tip:

ALWAYS,

I mean

ALWAYS

name your layer combinations and display options!!!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Jens wrote:
Tip:

ALWAYS,

I mean

ALWAYS

name your layer combinations and display options!!!
TIP? This is a RULE!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works with a named layer combination. Thank you for this rule.

Jens
Learn and get certified!