Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

"View Settings > Zooming" bug - showing as "Various" when 2 or more drawing selected

Hi,

In drawing "View  Settings" table "Zooming" dropdown, when you select 2 or more drawings with same Zooming setting AC still showing "Various" - BUG
AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1719817179554.png

Operating system used: Windows 5030

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

I think it is more by design than a bug.

'Current zoom' and especially 'fit in window' have no fixed zoom factor.

Therefore they may not be exactly the same (fit in window will never be the same depending what is modelled in the view).

But I see your point if both views have exactly the same 'current zoom'.

If you actually save a custom zoom and set the views to that, then you will not see 'various'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I think it a bug. I agree that "Fit to screen" for each drawing gives different result depending on drawing size, but I'am choosing what zooming function should be used for that drawing/drawings. If function "Names" are identical why they should be shown as "Various". For me to double check 10 or 100 same type drawings i need to select them all individualy and find out is it ok or not.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

The problem I think is 'current zoom' becomes 'zoomed area' in the view settings.

Although it says the same - the actual zoom factor can be different, because it is simply the current zoom at the time you save the view.

So, it seems only saved custom zooms will not show as various because they are a definite zoom factor.

It is annoying though that it says the same thing in the settings but shows as various with multiple views selected.

It must be because the actual zoom factor could be different.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author