Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

section marker position vs plan sheet dimension

proto
Advocate

I want my section layout to look like the below image (pic from section view w/ underlay of layout)section-marker position-02.png

But in order to set the bounding lines so that the story elevations are at the edge of the sheet, it moves the markers themselves in plan such that they are off the sheet. See plan below.

[The elevation markers by contrast seem to be more adjustable and can be set almost anywhere]

section-marker position-01.png

What am I missing to get my section markers to get located on the plan but still have the width to show story elevation markers where I want them?

Thanks for any assistance!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 14 Sonoma

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StefanV_BCP
Advocate

There is a workaround for this.

Create a new section marker, then link that marker to the section you want to display.

Afterward, just simply put the section marker that generates the section in the hidden layer.

In that way, you have one section marker that controls the section and one that controls how much you want to represent it on the layout.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Stefan Veselinović
BIM Manager for Bureau Cube Partners, Serbia
WISH HUB: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/WISH-hub/td-p/393063

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
StefanV_BCP
Advocate

There is a workaround for this.

Create a new section marker, then link that marker to the section you want to display.

Afterward, just simply put the section marker that generates the section in the hidden layer.

In that way, you have one section marker that controls the section and one that controls how much you want to represent it on the layout.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Stefan Veselinović
BIM Manager for Bureau Cube Partners, Serbia
WISH HUB: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes/WISH-hub/td-p/393063

Thanks, Stephan

i was wondering if that was the solution, but also hoping I had missed something and somehow the markers were more flexible

thanks for your help!

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro

Setup info provided by author