cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

view vs layout text discrepancy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent a preliminary .pdf to a consultant, and noticed it had a strangely placed text block. Assuming I'd accidentally moved it, i went back to the plan view and... it was in the right place! Checking the Layout of the drawing sheet, though, it shows up in the wrong place. Any ideas why it would do this? Its the only text block with this problem. Here's a screenshot of the two (view tab, layout tab) at the same time, showing the different position. Oh, and there are three other identical text blocks on other columns that aren't behaving this way.
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Could it have been mirrored, or rotated? That would change the anchor point.

What happens when you delete it and replace it with a new text instance?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika, that 's a good fix. It still doesn't really explain why it happened in the first place, but working with CAD (or computers in general) is sometimes like that. I'll keep my eyes peeled for if it happens again, and look for recurring patterns.