cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL Syntax Highlight for VSCode

Miha Nahtigal
Advocate
I've just published a VSCode Extension for GDL highlighting (it's free). It is a first release so it is a bit rough. I'll try to update it regularly.

You can download it from VSCode marketplace or install it directly from VSCode->Extensions (search for GDL).
BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation in Archicad - BETA testers needed.
45 REPLIES 45
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1695630807310.png

Even when I try to open the gsm file in vscode, it doesn't open.
What should I set up?

AC27 on window 11

Is it possible to write GDL in visual code in ac27?
I am telling you this because I need to study through a trial.

AC27 on window 11
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

From your article, I am curious whether it is possible to create GDL with visual code.
Even if I install visual code and extension using the method you suggested, I cannot open the gsm file.
I am a person who hopes to create gsm files with visual code. ^^
Have a happy weekend.

AC27 on window 11

You cannot open gsm files with vscode. It can be used with hsf “decompiled” ac objects with possibility to auto compile hsf structure back to gsm. 

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation in Archicad - BETA testers needed.

I am a beginner.
It seems that it is possible to work in vscode without archicad, but are you saying that you can make something other than gsm and use it in archicad?
I would really appreciate it if you could explain it in more detail.
Even if it is a site that I can understand... ^^

AC27 on window 11

Archicad uses gsm, which is a binary format. The "compile" tool is called LP_XMLConverter, it is installed with Archicad.

There are two formats for source code: XML and HSF. XML contains all in a single file, HSF might be more convenient to work with.

Read about it here:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-use-the-lp_xmlconverter-tool

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/hsf-source-format

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!