cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

LP_​XMLConverter question

GDL Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, 

I recently found the LP_​XMLConverter:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-use-the-lp_xmlconverter-tool

May I ask what it is used for?

It looks like it is used for converting between XML and HSF. Could it be that some coders compose in xml and need to convert the file format? Could it be the XML / HSF code different to the code produced using the standard Archicad GSM editor when one saves an object? 

When I save a standard GSM file, isn't that a native file format for obejcts Archicad. The same when I group GSM files together and save as a Library file in Archicad, isn't that also a standard archicad file format. 

Many thanks, Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

The LPXML converter is very helpful if you want to write GDL code outside of archicad, manage your objects through revision system like git or make bulk edits to objects. 

it allows for more coherent development strategies if you are developing a full library of objects. 

once you convert a xml or hsf to a gsm it is the same as if you’d created it from within Archicad. 

I find it especially helpful to decompile two versions of an object and run a diff on the two xml files to compare differences.  

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

The LPXML converter is very helpful if you want to write GDL code outside of archicad, manage your objects through revision system like git or make bulk edits to objects. 

it allows for more coherent development strategies if you are developing a full library of objects. 

once you convert a xml or hsf to a gsm it is the same as if you’d created it from within Archicad. 

I find it especially helpful to decompile two versions of an object and run a diff on the two xml files to compare differences.  

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Cool, thank you Scott, you have expanded my GDL coding horizons!

I will read up on git next.

Best regards, Matt