Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Object elevation GDL

Guillermo1
Booster

Hello, I want to create an elevation for a 2D GDL object, how can I do it?

elevation gdl.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That is not really possible.

If you place the object in plan, then you will only see it in elevation if it has a 3D script.

You will then see the 3D model that has been scripted as viewed from the elevation position.

If you want a 2D symbol in the elevation, then you have to place the object in the elevation view itself.

It can be the same object as the one you place in plan - it can have options for plan or elevation symbols (all in the 2D script).

In plan you place it as the plan symbol, and in elevation you place it as the elevation symbol.

They will not be linked at all, so if you move or delete one, nothing will happen to the other.

I think some of the default Graphisoft 2D plant & people objects are like this.

They have a plan symbol and an elevation symbol option, but they have to be placed separately in the plan and elevation.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

yes, is like that, i Think that it would be better créate a basic 3d shape to show on elevation, and linked to the 2d símbol , in order to be conected, so if i move or delete the symbol it also do it in elevaition  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

A 2D object can be placed in elevation just the same as placing it in plan.

So if it jut a note, then just place it in elevation.

If you mean you want to place your object in plan and then also see it in elevation, then it needs to have a valid 3d SCRIPT AS WELL.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hello Barry, my idea is that the 2d object have a simbol in plan an another symbol in elevation, without anything in 3D if that is posible

Solution

That is not really possible.

If you place the object in plan, then you will only see it in elevation if it has a 3D script.

You will then see the 3D model that has been scripted as viewed from the elevation position.

If you want a 2D symbol in the elevation, then you have to place the object in the elevation view itself.

It can be the same object as the one you place in plan - it can have options for plan or elevation symbols (all in the 2D script).

In plan you place it as the plan symbol, and in elevation you place it as the elevation symbol.

They will not be linked at all, so if you move or delete one, nothing will happen to the other.

I think some of the default Graphisoft 2D plant & people objects are like this.

They have a plan symbol and an elevation symbol option, but they have to be placed separately in the plan and elevation.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Lingwisyer
Guru

You could possibly draw a dummy 3D object that you rotate to face the camera and only display when viewing from an elevation or section. Line and fill control would be severly limited given it is just a 3D object of which you are ignoring one axis. It will also not rotate live, only when the object is refreshed such as when you generate a view or change an object setting.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution

yes, is like that, i Think that it would be better créate a basic 3d shape to show on elevation, and linked to the 2d símbol , in order to be conected, so if i move or delete the symbol it also do it in elevaition