General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Adjust Command (to extend lines in 2d)

griggadee
Contributor

Hi all,

I cannot seem to use the adjust command! I just can't figure out how to use it and cannot find any clear video tutorials explaining it. I have made a video highlighting the issue that I am having here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzpOydj_QG4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, All.

Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Select the lines you want to extend. Hit Ctrl + - (or use the adjust menu commands / icon) and click the edge you want to connect with. You can only use one edge e.g. it doesn't work with a polyline. Simples. There is also guidance at the bottom of the screen if you occasionally need it.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

Solution
Barry Kelly

As DGSketcher says, invoke the command shortcut (CTRL+- that is CTRL and the minus key) or use the tool button.

Then click the line you want to extend to.

BarryKelly_0-1685324426365.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

And note that the Adjust command an be used not just to extend lines/walls, but also to split them if they extend beyond the adjusting line/curve...

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F030_Inter...

In your video, ctrl+- (cmd+- Mac) should work... and I can see you are getting the prompt at the bottom left line of the screen to click on the line to extend to...and assume you clicked your left mouse when the mercedes cursor was on the line.  If it didn't extend, I'm guessing that you might have a snap grid turned on or something (although in that case, your other more tedious methods to extend the lines shouldn't have worked).

What is odd/fishy in your video is that when you select the 3 vertical lines, the Info Box says that you have 6 lines selected.  Even if there are duplicated on top of each other to get to the 6 vs 3, it should still work. I've never had it not work, so I'm kind of out of ideas.  Sorry!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Select the lines you want to extend. Hit Ctrl + - (or use the adjust menu commands / icon) and click the edge you want to connect with. You can only use one edge e.g. it doesn't work with a polyline. Simples. There is also guidance at the bottom of the screen if you occasionally need it.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Barry Kelly

As DGSketcher says, invoke the command shortcut (CTRL+- that is CTRL and the minus key) or use the tool button.

Then click the line you want to extend to.

BarryKelly_0-1685324426365.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

And note that the Adjust command an be used not just to extend lines/walls, but also to split them if they extend beyond the adjusting line/curve...

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F030_Inter...

In your video, ctrl+- (cmd+- Mac) should work... and I can see you are getting the prompt at the bottom left line of the screen to click on the line to extend to...and assume you clicked your left mouse when the mercedes cursor was on the line.  If it didn't extend, I'm guessing that you might have a snap grid turned on or something (although in that case, your other more tedious methods to extend the lines shouldn't have worked).

What is odd/fishy in your video is that when you select the 3 vertical lines, the Info Box says that you have 6 lines selected.  Even if there are duplicated on top of each other to get to the 6 vs 3, it should still work. I've never had it not work, so I'm kind of out of ideas.  Sorry!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
griggadee
Contributor

DGSketcher, Barry and Karl, thank you so much for your help! This works! I had to reinstall ArchiCAD, but that seems to have rectified the issue. Works like a dream now, and will save me a lot of time! Cheers, all.

Paul

Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive