Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archicad 28 global library sounds very promising

mthd
Ace

Reading the roadmap about what is coming soon, I hadn’t noticed that Archicad 28 will have a have a full global library to select parts from. 

This is a very good idea since I have read many posts where a library part that is available in one region is not in another. This will solve some problems for many users including me who doesn’t use GDL yet.

What do others think about this change ?

Edited extra info:

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein

I don't see the Roadmap as identifying any "coming soon" feature as being delivered with Archicad 28.   "Soon" is just means sooner than later... not necessarily in the next release.  🤓 I guess we'll just have to wait and see! 😀

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/coming-soon

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@Karl Ottenstein, Oh it’s definitely there on the coming soon list. Under Language version independent library objects, Just expand the box for the details.

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/coming-soon

I look forward to it when it comes out.

As Karl said, coming soon does not necessarily mean it will arrive in version 28 - hopefully it does mean this though.

And those testing 28 where this new feature may be trialled can't say anything about it other than what you have just read in the description.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly, there are no guarantees on this but we can take GS at their word on the roadmap. I cant see many problems with development on this change as you could with other features that need further development before release.

@mthd wrote:

I cant see many problems with development on this change as you could with other features that need further development before release.

That will be a case of wait and see I guess.

It is hard to say from just a description.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
strangeday
Booster

It seems a great news for me, I hope it will be part of AC28(also during its lifetime and not necessarily at launch),

I hope that this approach could be adopted also with Add-Ons, so that everyone(or at least the user on SSA or Subscription) has the opportunity to use the Add-ons released in different localizations.

AC 6.5-27 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

We will soon find out since Ac28 Beta is ongoing so Ac28 Technology Preview is not far away either.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I look forward to it to see what has improved with DG’s too.

Funfun Yan
Booster

I remember once in a BT webinar, GS said that they would only put things they have already prepared in the "coming soon" section. Otherwise, it wouldn't appear in the "coming soon" section. LOL