The shadows work nicely on the iOS devices (iPhone and iPad). Too bad there are none on Windows desktop application. And for Android, please specify WHICH Android it works (or does not work) on... I had two managers from a client company who have identical phones, with different builds of the same Android OS, and one works, while the other does not...
The BIMx Transfer is slow as before, but it works (I am trying the largest uploaded hypermodels, about 2GB).
One thing that I do not like at all is the removal of the Gallery. That is ESSENTIAL in real life scenarios, when you do want to show SELECTED views and portions of the project to the Client. Showing everything is not always a good thing 🙂
as discussed in the beta reports:
- the option to Publish items in the current Transmittal set should include the 3D view
- the layouts not in the current Transmittal set should not show in the layout list in the published BIMx file
- the option to limit the movement to gallery items should be brought back, or an alternative to enable limited movement through the model should be introduced
- the Preview image and Architect credits should be accessible from the Publisher set settings also, not only from the Info pulldown menu
- if no Preview image is selected, BIMx should generate the Preview from the included 3D View automatically
- architect credits should show on the desktop viewer, as they are showing on the mobile viewer
- project location should govern the sun position and shadows, and the settings should reflect the location, date and time, not be arbitrary. BIM is not visualization, where a pretty picture is the goal.
- generic vertical cutting plane should be available, the way that the horizontal cutting plane is
- layer/object management and layer transparency should be introduced (see any IFC viewer)
- info should show basic info first, Properties optional
- size limit should be removed from the free version
- .exe (self contained) format should be brought back. not all clients want to install the viewer, or know how to do it
- online viewer loading times should be faster. please do not test with 500KB example files, test with 2GB real world files (I have a couple that you have the links to)
Many thanks for the feedback.
Shadow casting on Android is almost here. We plan to release the update in Google Play for the supported Android 10, 11, and 12 OS versions within a few weeks.
If any technical issue occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to solve it.
Read more here about what has changed in Archicad 26's BIMx publishing (optimized 3D export, new texture control, and some encouragement to use Cameras to take the benefits of BIMx Gallery).
We started administrating the mentioned wishes to consider them when deciding on future developments.
In this topic, please focus on BIMx's visual quality and the relevant suggestions. I'd be happy to see some more details about how you imagine changing the sun's position by time!
When are you going to update the controls in the PC and web versions, currently they are upside down and make using BIMx terrible
Why does it take so long to open in the web version, i have a 1 gig fible connection but its basically unusable, you really need to increase the bandwidth or bundle into a EXE file
The next major update of the web and desktop apps will include enhanced navigation and even more. We plan to release the next-generation products around winter (or a bit later if more improvement is needed).
We're already investigating the slow loading on BIMx Model Transfer, thanks all for reporting it.
Any updates on this? Can we expect the Desktop Viewer to get the sun tracking features any time soon?